Friday, May 11, 2007

Lucky & Grateful

Today is my birthday. It is not some major "mile marker" birthday - just a further progression of my thirties. I didn't sleep very well, mostly because of my very childish excitment that it is MY special day! The thing is, though, I did wake up feeling very lucky and grateful. I am grateful to have such a wonderful group of family and friends. I don't know how I got so lucky to have them, but I am thankful everyday for them. I think of all the people who are truly suffering, through no fault of their own, and don't know why I am so fortunate. The most I can do is express to the people in my life how much I love them and work towards making the world a better/safer/kinder place for those who can't.

3 comments:

Angelina said...

I'm so sorry I missed reading this post on Friday: Happy belated Birthday!!!

I came over here because I just found out that my new hero Julia Ward Howe was a Unitarian!!! It immediately made me think of you and the things I have been learning through you about the Unitarian Church.

I hope you had a great birthday and I hope today is going to be a wonderful Mother's Day for you too.

plaidshoes said...

That is so cool that she is one of your heros, because she is one of my (obviously, distant) relatives! I always kid my dad (very Catholic) that being a Unitarian is our history/destiny! ;-)

Angelina said...

I think it's so awesome that you are related to such an amazing woman!