Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Day After

I hope all you who celebrate had a great Christmas. Despite my bah humbugness about Christmas, we really had a wonderful day. The day was completely not overwhelming and the kids recieved a lot of great crafty activities and fun games. We are very fortunate to have the grandparents live across the street from us. They came over to watch the kids open gifts and then we all had (my favorite tradition) French Toast provided by my husband. Later we headed to my aunt/uncle in-laws (who live two houses away) for dinner with all the cousins. Very nice and low key. I hope you all had a warm and loving day!

2 comments:

Montessori Mama said...

Glad to hear your holiday was low-key....mine was too for the first time in I don't know when. It's nice isn't it. Does your church have a Solstice Celebration? I was raised Catholic and secretly miss the beauty of Mid-night mass on Christmas eve; our Solstice Celebration has become that for me. It is truly magical.
Happy New Year,
IN PEACE
MM

plaidshoes said...

I am glad to read you also had a nice day! For the first time in my UU history, our church had a Solstice Service - it really was wonderful. Much more beautiful/spiritual then our actual Christmas Eve service. I hope they continue to do it (hint hint, Juliette...). I was also raised Catholic and also miss the midnight Mass - something about it was so moving/inspiring. I loved going out in the snow to the warm church and then home again when everything seemed so beautiful and peaceful and quiet.

I hope you have a great New Year!