Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love


I know people have very strong opinions of Valentine's Day. I have heard many people go on and on that it is a manufactured holiday by the card industry. That it puts too much pressure on people, that it is insincere, etc., etc. I would be the first to admit that I am not a romantic, but I love Valentine's Day. I don't expect big gifts or some amazing day. I would never expect a proposal or marriage on that day or for my relationships to be magically better, but I do love the idea of taking a day to just say I love you to all the people you care about. We are so busy living our lives, sometimes we forget to slow down and tell your spouse, significant other, friend, parent, child that you love them. Just for being them. To all my family and friends, I say:

I LOVE YOU!

Happy Valentine's Day

2 comments:

alexis said...

Couldn't agree with you more. My favorite Valentine gifts are the consruction paper cards made by wee hands--and they cost next to nothing.
Thanks for visiting my blog the other day!

Angelina said...

OK, it's always good to tell the people you love that you love them but Valentine's day isn't about general love, it's really about romantic love, it's not about friends and family, it's about your sweetheart.

I personally dislike Valentine's Day but maybe I wouldn't have if it had just been about the people you love in your life. It makes a lot of people feel especially lonely which is why I don't like it. It always feels like such a sad day even if I'm not lonely myself.