Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Open Book


I was tagged by Montessori Mama for an Open Book meme and it sounded fun.

Here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open it at page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence/ phrase.
4. Blog the next four sentences/ phrases together with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig your shelves for that very special or intellectual book.
6. Pass it forward to six friends
So, here goes:

As I'm a consistent radical I go in only for equality; I don't go in for the superiority of the younger brothers.' Two of his four sisters, the second and the fourth, were married, one of them having done very well, as they said, the other only so-so. The husband of the elder, Lord Haycock, was a very good fellow, but unfortunately a horrid Tory; and his wife, like all good English wives, was worse then her husband. The other espoused a smallish squire in Norfolk and, though married but the other day, had already five children.

Not everything I read is this heavy - but you caught me in the middle of "The Portrait of a Lady" by Henry James!

Since most of my friends have done this, I will tag Allinarrow!

No comments: