Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Exciting News


I just learned that I WON the Central Midwest District Sermon contest! I am truly shocked and excited.* I entered the contest as a challenge to myself. I often am critical of sermons and thought that I should "walk the walk" and try to write one. I thought I would try to do this each year as a way to better understand the whole process. I didn't expect to win with the first sermon! I have no idea how many people entered, so I might be flattering myself when, in actuality, I was the only one who participated. I gave myself yesterday to just be excited - today I am petrified that I have to actually stand up and deliver the sermon!! I have not had to talk in front of this many people since college and I am sorely out of practice. I joked with my husband that I will record it onto a cd so if I totally panic, he can just play it. After the conference, I will post the sermon in case you are interested in reading it.

In case anyone from the judging committee is reading this - THANK YOU for giving me this opportunity!



*I am still slightly worried that they actually chose someone else and they just sent me the confirmation as a mistake. Obviously I will immediately delete this post if that is the case!

5 comments:

jrcronewillis said...

I'm so proud of you!!!!
And I can't wait to hear the sermon. What a wonderful event this will be--I'm really looking forward to the whole weekend. Inner Voices is singing two songs for the opening ceremonies. Both Kelvin and Kelly are very excited to attend.
Congratulations.

uumomma said...

Good for you! Congrats.

Montessori Mama said...

I have tried to leave this message several times but blogger has eaten it!!
Congratualtions!!!!
Way to go!!!
I can't wait to read it!!!
Blessed be
Jennifer

plaidshoes said...

Thank you for all your kind words - I am still a little stunned that I won!

allinarow said...

cool!!
Congrats!
I'm so impressed you took the time to write a sermon. Would love to read it.