Monday, April 28, 2008

Quick Update-More Later

The sermon went great! I was pretty obviously nervous, but the crowd was kind and some people I didn't even know stood up and applauded (hopefully not out of just sympathy). I was even invited to two different congregations to present it, and another congregation asked if they could use it (giving me full credit ;-). I did receive a couple of constructive criticisms. Both of which were true. One - I abbreviated Unitarian Universalism a little too much to just Unitarianism. It was actually written out as the whole name, but I was so nervous, it just came out as Unitarianism. This person felt that I was dishonoring our Universalist heritage by not including it every time. I did feel bad he felt this way, because I really do value it. So, point taken. Second - I talk too fast. This is well known to me and only gets worse when I am nervous. I did try to slow down and, with practice, I hope to get better. After it was over, though, I was very pleased with how it was received. I hope people came away with a motivated spirit to get the faith out there!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Great Job! I knew you'd be fine. You sho uld post your sermon here, if you can. I'd love to read it.

Montessori Mama said...

I want to read it Too!
Congrats! Way to Go!
I'm so proud of you!
We knew you could do it.
PS My husband speaks fast when leading his sermons also, a helpful hit I gave him was to pretend he is reading/speaking to our toddler. It's funny but he slows down!
You're the best!
PEACE
Jennifer

allinarow said...

glad it went well! (not surprised!) look forward to reading it soon!