Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Real Food


Yep, another food post. I recently read a news article stating that people who ate "real" food tended to be slimmer and healthier. I promptly thought something that I will translate to: No Kidding! A huge pet peeve of mine is all the mass produced "100" calorie snack packs. Have you ever looked at the ingredient list? I am not really sure that there are any recognizable foods in them. They are pretty much just chemicals. Plus, they don't actually taste that great. I rather have one amazing cookie then a bag of cardboard. (not to mention the huge waste in packaging.) I am not sure why people think eating those are any better then having a really good brownie. So what if you can only have one - at least you know what it is made of.


1 comment:

Montessori Mama said...

I agree. My mom is always sending me these packaged things for my boys' lunches and it drives me nuts. I give them to the food pantry. I love to bake which is not always a good thing but usually yummy.
Thanks for changing MM to my name.
PEACE to you and yours
Jennifer