Thursday, May 29, 2008

Harder than I Thought

Today was the last day of work and school. This was a really tough year for me. The transition to work was more difficult then I expected and the work much more challenging. While, overall, it was a good experience, it did not come without a lot of stress and anxiety. I thought I would be overjoyed for the end of the school year. I made so many plans with all the time (and lack of stress) I would have when work was over. Instead, today was incredibly hard. I didn't realize how attached I had become to the children and my coworkers. I will miss them more than I can express. My coworkers were sounding boards, moral support, amazing listeners, funny, caring, and brightened my life. The children.....so much to say. So challenging, frustrating, and overwhelming. But also so wonderful. I will miss J wanting to trace letters everyday. I will miss I and K's big smiles every time they walked into the room. I will miss L's intense focus and concentration when she learned a new lesson. I will miss B's quiet friendliness and M's shy smile. I will miss the "room cruisers" and "work hoppers". I will also miss all the children who taught me so much about patience, understanding, and compassion. The respect I have for caregivers and teachers has grown exponentially. I know, as a parent, I will do all that I can to support those people in my life.

1 comment:

allinarow said...

tracey, thanks for all your work this year to help kids. I am certain you made a difference. they & your co-workers were lucky to have you!