Wednesday, July 2, 2008

yes!

I am not sure about you, but I get so tired of reading articles about how the world as gone to pot - natural disasters, war, disease, famine, corrupt governments, drought, flood, etc. I avoid news programs like the plague (except Frontline and NPR). I am fully aware of all the horrible things going on. If I took all these programs to heart, I think I would curl up and hide in my basement until the imminent "end-of-the-world" hit.

Two years ago, at GA in St. Louis, I heard David Korten speak. While he was speaking on his new book, as we left the lecture he handed out copies of his magazine yes!. Ever since then, I have really enjoyed it. The whole premise is to look at current topics and see what real, everyday people are doing on local and international scales. I love reading about all the positive things people from all sorts of backgrounds are doing to make the world, their lives, better. I find it inspiring. It gives me hope that there is a lot of humanity out there doing what they can to make today a better day. To me, yes! captures the spirit of Unitarian Universalism. *

Follow this link to their site: www.yesmagazine.org


*No, I was not asked to promote this magazine. I was just reading their latest issue and thought I would make sure you all know about it.

1 comment:

Juliette said...

It looks great! I think I read one issue before, but I went and sent for the free trial and subscription. Thanks for the great tip.