Monday, September 8, 2008

Welcoming

The church year got off to a great start. With it, I started a new volunteer position as Membership Coordinator. I am pretty excited about this as I have felt our welcoming efforts have been very scattered and disjointed. We have some wonderful, dedicated volunteers doing various aspects of guest welcoming, but the effort lacks an overall, cohesive plan. I hope to remedy this! We are a medium-large congregation with a very strong Religious Education program (which brings most newcomers to us). I hope to, along with the RE director, coordinate our efforts to get the family connected and involved in the church as a whole. I am going to try really hard not to let new members fall through the cracks and help them find their niche within the congregation.

I would be very interested in hearing success stories you might have or experienced in making newcomers feel welcome and engaged.

No comments: