Monday, January 5, 2009

Membership Moment

Since I posted my January article, I thought I would also post some of my past articles. The following is December:

Membership Moment

Are you fully a member at F.? I don’t mean if you have signed the Membership Book, but whether or not you are fully engaged in our church community. While signing the Membership Book is the first step to membership, becoming actively engaged is what fulfills membership in our congregation. Maybe you come every Sunday and you feel that meets your needs. But is that membership? Perhaps to you it is. I would offer another opinion, though. Membership is taking ownership and responsibility for a place you believe is important. It is stretching out of the passive stage of involvement and becoming part of the climate. Our community is only as strong as the commitment of its members. You might say to yourself that you just don’t have time to give more. I would say that any place worth belonging, is worth taking the time for. The old adage of “the more you give, the more get” could not be more true. I have found through my own efforts in various groups and committees, the spiritual growth and support I have received has for outweighed the hours that I have given to F. To fully experience a spiritual community, you need to become part of its Spirit.

If you want to become more involved in the life of F., but are not sure where to begin, please email me or give me a call. Every person has something to offer, and F. has a lot to offer you.

Tracey
Volunteer Membership Coordinator

No comments: