Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March Garden Update

Spring is definitely on its way! As promised, here are some garden shots. I thought I would post them once a month so you all can see the progress (and to keep me on task!).


Seed starts: 3 types of tomatoes, broccoli, brussel sprouts, jalapenos, leeks, and one cabbage. I finally received my last order of tomato seeds so I will start those today.


Garden plot (so much promise...)

Garden (close-up): Garlic is sprouting and rhubarb is peeking through.


Strawberry patch - this is a partial view of the couple that made it through the winter. A separate area from the main garden.


Cooking Herb box: oregano, chives, sage and thyme are coming back. I will plant a lot of basil!


Medicinal Herb box: so far just valerian is back. I imagine marshmallow will make its appearance soon.
The garden is still pretty empty, but I am sure by May, it will be quite a beautiful sight!

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

You are so much better than I am this year. I can't seem to get my gardening act together...