Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Shout out to Yes! Magazine

I have already mentioned how much I like this magazine, but now want to draw your attention to the latest issue - Spring 2009. This issue is all about food - not recipes but its production, sustainability, and culture. I really encourage you to go out and read it. It is full of encouraging stories of how people on local and international levels are bringing about the sustainable food revolution. I know there have been lots of discussions on this topic and lots of books delving into this necessity, but Yes! has put together an issue on how people are doing this. As you may have noticed, I am already very interested in this subject but often fall into "food fatigue" or just plain laziness. The Spring issue has really re-motivated me to get back into the garden and look for ways to encourage others to think about they eat and the impact their choices make.

You can find Yes! at: http://www.yesmagazine.org/

2 comments:

Saille said...

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll track down a copy!

Sarah said...

I'll second the plug. Yes! is a terrific publication with some good online curriculum/lesson plans.