Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Dangerous Sport of Sewing*

Many of you may think that sewing is a humble, quiet activity. One where you float from pattern to machine to finished project. Maybe you have an image of a quaint older women quietly quilting by the window. Perhaps, you envision a devoted mother lovingly making flouncy dresses for her beloved daughter. I am here to dispel this myth. Sewing is dangerous, full of potential and real injury. It is not for the weak of heart. I have sliced my hand with a rotary cutter, actually sewed through the side of my finger, countless pin pricks, blistering burns from the iron and more neck aches then I can count**. So, dear friends, sew with abandon, but keep the band aids and aloe nearby.


*A little tongue-in-cheek ;-)
**Just in the last week.

No comments: