Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Swedophile

This little guy is obsessed with Sweden. Why? I don't really know, but he has been wearing his Sweden outfit every day! Due to the rainy, muddy weather, the actual Swedish shirt is in the laundry. This has been very upsetting to him, but I refuse to do a load of laundry for one shirt. I have spent my morning convincing him that Swedish people do wear short sleeves in the summer - that it is OK to wear a plain white t-shirt under the Swedish vest. How long will this obsession last? He even wore the hat to bed last night. The only country he wants to visit is Sweden. I am cool with that considering I have always wanted to go there and husband has been there and said it is great. This is not happening anytime in the near future, though. My grandpa was also part Swedish so maybe it is some latent gene manifesting itself through him?! I don't know, but I can tell you he looked super cute riding his bike last night with the red pompoms flying. We got a lot of interesting looks.

1 comment:

Rebecca Hecking said...

Sounds like a bright child. It's not unusual for gifted children to go through a phase like the one you describe. You'll just have to move into Ikea to keep him happy. LOL