Monday, August 3, 2009

Fruits of my labor

Despite last week being crazy busy, plus a weekend trip to Iowa, I did manage to get some canning done. I canned: pickles, rhubarb-orange jam, and lemon-sage wine mustard. I dried: orange cherry tomatoes, sage, coriander, parsley, thyme, and oregano. In the freezer: pesto and hanging outside to cure: garlic. Everything was from my garden or the CSA except the orange and lemon. I have also started collecting blackberries for more jam. I should have enough by the end of this week. Next year, I should also have enough raspberries and strawberries for even more jam. I hope to make more pickles, pesto, can some peaches and beer mustard, and freeze tomato sauce by the end of this season. Then I will feel ready for winter!

4 comments:

DanaCK said...

Wow, that is impressive! Wish I was nearby so I could try lemon sage mustard. Mmmmmm.

elisadesign said...

Yummy!!!
Thank you for your lovely comment.
I am very happy about this.
Greetings Elisabeth

Rebecca Hecking said...

Wow! I am so impressed!! I understand the challenges of canning while "crazy-busy." Sounds like normal life to me. :-)

Anonymous said...

You are AMAZING!
xxoo
Mary