Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hitting Our Groove

Lately I have been feeling like things are going really well (knock on wood). I had been extremely stressed about school starting, baby starting kindergarten, the huge library undertaking, church decisions, food preserving, etc. Basically, a fear of how things were going to turn out in an ever decreasing time-line. I was feeling very overwhelmed. Well, two weeks into the school year and I think we are finding our groove. The kids are really enjoying their classes. This year they all have great teachers. My two oldest are also in a gifted program and were able to get into their first choice classes. My kindergartner is loving being at school with his siblings and cousins. He finally gets to be in the conversation and it is so cute. I have a 1000+ books catalogued. While there is still about 2000 to go, I feel like I have a very good start and some great volunteers have stepped forward to help. Husband and I are starting to get on the same page with church and I am excited to explore some new opportunities. While I haven't canned everything I had wanted, the garden has come into its own. Check back soon for some pictures. Not everything is perfect (how could it be), but I am trying to project a more positive attitude. There are certain things that I wish I could have more control over or understand better, but I am working on letting them go. My life is way too short to obsess about things I can do nothing about. I am going to try my hardest to keep this mind frame. Life is going very well and I am so thankful for that.

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

Sounds so good. I love times like this.

Rebecca Hecking said...

Yay! Enjoy the flow.