Sunday, September 20, 2009

National Turnoff Week

Tomorrow starts national Turnoff week. They have now expanded the program from a week in April to also include a week in September (20-26). We have never participated in this before, but we are all on board now to give it a try. (Just pretend I didn't actually promise a sundae if we could make it to Sunday). As a family, we don't actually watch that much TV. The kids are busy at school most of the day and then have various evening activities. Saturday morning and certain days after school will be the hardest for them. I rarely watch daytime TV, but, admittedly do have several favorite evening shows. I love 9.00 when the kids are in bed and I can just sit back and veg with a mystery/drama. Husband will have the hardest time missing late night TV. We can do this, though! Despite being sick with a cold and cranky, I am going to try my hardest to make it to Sunday. I encourage you all you to give it a try. What can it hurt? Let me know how it works for you and I will update you all next Sunday.

2 comments:

Kari said...

OH good luck! Do online versions of tv shows count? Like the new Glee? I'm doomed then!

plaidshoes said...

I did say no online shows. Mostly b/c my 8 y/o son is very techno savvy and has figured out how to watch all his shows on the computer! I also love Glee and am trying to convince myself that it will still be there next week and I can catch up ;-) That one, HIMYM, and the Mentalist will be the biggest struggle for myself!