Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Getting it Back

This year I did not sew any Christmas presents. Last year, I sewed most of them. I don't know what happened, but I just wasn't inspired to make anything. I love sewing, but I really have to be in the mood for it and this year I wasn't. I want to get back into it, though. I just got the latest issues of Threads Magazine and it has totally inspired me to get back into clothes making. Now that the holiday stress is over, I am feeling ready to tackle some projects. Since the kids are still on school break, I figured I better start small and ease myself back into the sewing room. Thus, a new potholder. I am sure you are all amazed by my sewing prowess and would like to commission your next formal dress! I find it important to my psyche, though, to start small and see a finished product right away. The fancy stuff takes time and I need to build up my stamina!

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Me too. On a lot of that--I didn't do much sewing this Christmas either and later I wondered why. Going to this coming year.