Monday, January 18, 2010

Babysitting

This is what we have been up to! The kids harp teacher asked us to babysit her new harp while she recovered from surgery. Evidently, with new harps, they need to be tuned daily until they "settle-in". Daughter and I have been loving every minute of it. I am starting to get carpel tunnel from playing so much. Currently the the kids play lap harps, but having a bigger harp is spoiling us. I will be so sad to return it. There is nothing more peaceful then playing the harp. Every time I sit down to play, I can feel my mood lift. It is proving to be a wonderful form of meditation.

3 comments:

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Oh yes, just LOOKING at harps makes me feel happy and peaceful.

Maybe a big harp is in your future?!

Sending musical notes of joy,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Bridgett said...

Wow! That's an amazing skill/hobby. I'm impressed!

plaidshoes said...

Sharon - I wish ALL THE TIME that a bigger harp will come our way. I am currently working very hard on convincing husband how very necessary it is! Thanks for stopping by!

Bridgett - It is really just a hobby for me. I am hoping to get a lot better now that the kids are in lessons. It is really one of my favorite instruments. I am having fun learning a lot of Irish tunes!