Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hitting My Sewing Stride

We have had a couple of unexpected snow/cold days here. Since I didn't have to run the kids to and from school or their various activities, I had some extra time on my hands. What better way to spend it, then getting some sewing done. Above are some wraps to go around the handles of the kids tiffin lunchboxes. I have experienced two years of complaining that the handles get too cold in the winter. Now, finally, problem solved!

This is Daisydog on her newly re-covered bed and pillow. It has been bothering me for a year that I couldn't wash them. They were looking pretty yucky. I have now redone them with completely removable (due to some reclaimed zippers) and easily washable covers. Happy mom and dog. Yay!

Definitely not earth-shattering sewing, but they are projects that have been in the back of my mind for a long time. It is great to cross them off the to-do list.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Both of those projects look wonderful—you should be proud of yourself! I'd like to know more about the lunch boxes. I've seen Bento boxes, but they are often made from plastic. :( These look very interesting, though!

plaidshoes said...

I feel the same way about plastic. I love these tiffins. I ordered them through: http://www.to-goware.com/ The only downside is that they are just two open containers, so I also got a couple of the small metal containers to put in them or with them.