Friday, February 12, 2010

For the Love of Winter: V

I love the Olympics. Especially the Winter Olympics. I love the skiing, bobsledding, speed skating, luge, and, really, the list could go on and on. I love them much more then the summer Olympics where everyone looks like they are dying in the heat. Give me the cold any day! Needless to say, we are having a family party tonight to celebrate/watch the opening ceremonies. I can't wait! Since the kids have the day off school, we have been busy preparing. Various Olympic sports posters have been made. Cupcakes are waiting to be frosted into the Olympic rings. We have blue jello on the ready for the ice-skating Gummi Bears. Sugar cookie medals shall be awarded (for what I am not quite sure...), and various around the world snacks will be eaten. Hopefully Vancouver will not disappoint!


Update: The kids are having a blast with the mascot site.

No comments: