Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lots Happening

April is shaping up to be a crazy month. A lot of the crazy has to do with Girl Scouts. Not because they are crazy, but we have a ton of activities planned this month. I am totally excited about them, but am getting a little stressed as to whether or not we can get it all done before the school year ends. On top of this, my Junior troop is taking its first camping trip at the end of the month. Will it be fun - yes. Am I paranoid it will go relatively smoothly - yes! The last time I camped was TEN years ago. I have never camped at any of the GS sites and there are so many rules that I am sure I will forget some of them. Or worse, it will rain the whole weekend. I do have a saving grace in that we will be going with the Brownie troop and their leaders have done a lot of camping. So really, I just need to relax about it, right? I am also feeling a little pressure that I need to get the girls up to speed ASAP on camping skills. We are going to practice knot tying and fire building this week. We also need to discuss camping basics and food menus. So much to get ready for. This is on top of another project we have been working on all year, that is also coming to a head. Come end of May, life will be a lot quieter!

If you have a GS troop - are you planning on meeting during the summer? The girls and I have been tossing this around. We are in the middle of some fun badges and it would be cool to have a more relaxed pace to complete them.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

I hadn't considered meeting in the summer but now htat you say it, I might. Firebuilding, in my experience, is far more useful and needed than knot tying, simply because if one girl doesn't know the knot, another will, but fire needs to get ready and done in a faster time. Although a clove hitch is nice if you can teach your patrol leaders that...