Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Laughing at Myself: Part II

Yesterday, another Girl Scout leader and I were checking out camping supplies from one of the Girl Scout storage units. The storage unit is packed full of camping supplies that we could borrow for our trip this weekend. The actual unit was one of many at this facility. We had to drive around to the back and side to get to the unit. It was appropriately creepy. It seemed very abandoned and desolate. The Girl Scouts rented just one of the 900 are so units. While we were loading up our cars with gear, all of a sudden I hear this knocking... I jumped, and my first thought was that someone had abandoned a body in one of the sheds. Now this body was knocking for us to rescue him/her! I quickly asked the other leader if she had heard that. She could see the look on my face and immediately laughed. Evidently, unbeknownst to me, her daughter was in her car and was knocking to get the mom's attention. I am beginning to think I read too many mysteries and watch too much Law and Order.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

I totally would have fallen for it too. And this reminds me I need to make a phone call for our camping supplies...