Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time keeps Moving Forward

Today is my birthday. It always falls around or on Mother's Day. I used to feel annoyed that I had to share the day with all the mother's of the world. It is supposed to be my day and my day alone! Restaurants were always booked, and fun places to go were packed with loving families - totally oblivious that it was my special day! Now, of course, I have grown up. Inching my way through my thirties just isn't that exciting. What is exciting is experiencing my children every day and all the adventures we go on. No two days are the same and I like it like that. Mother's Day has now officially eclipsed my birthday. I am thankful that I am part of those loving families that eat out and pack the Botanical Gardens and the parks. Celebrating Mother's Day has much more meaning to me now then a passing year on the calendar. Personally, I would love time to slow down, just so I could savor more each day as a mother.



1 comment:

Strange Attractor said...

Happy Birthday!

My birthday is often on Labor Day and I just pretend everyone is celebrating for me.