Tuesday, August 17, 2010

And they are off...

This is the first time in ten years that I don't have any of my kids at home. They are all in full-day school this year- 1st, 4th, & 5th. Of course, I am lame and forgot to take a picture. Hopefully I will remember when I pick them up. I am kind of sad about this. I really like having them around. People keep asking what I am going to do with my time. Plenty. If the insurance adjuster ever comes, I have a disaster of a basement to clean out. It was partially finished, so that will take quite a bit of time. There are also numerous house projects that have been put off that I hope to tackle. It would be awesome if I could get organized and actually fill-out the kids School Memory books. Currently the info (mind you daughter is going into 5th!) has just been stashed in one general area. I will still be running the school library. They now just want me to be there one full day instead of two half days. I was really stressed about it because my volunteer last year moved away, but then, like the clouds parting, a person came up to me today and said she would love to help!!! I couldn't believe it! I really like her and our boys are friends, so I am really excited to have her helping. Part of me thinks that I will, at some point, look into getting back in the workforce. We could certainly use the extra money. Things are really tight right now. I haven't had a steady job in almost ten years, so I am not sure how marketable I will be. But that is still a little farther into the future. So, that is what I will be doing with my time!

No comments: