Sunday, November 14, 2010

One by One

I feel like my local friend network is quickly disappearing. I am really sad about it. Yesterday, I quite shockingly found out my neighbor/friend will be moving in two weeks to Oregon. I am still stunned. Her husband stopped by to tell us. I haven't had a chance to talk to her myself. Another close neighbor will be moving this Spring. Another friend's husband has been relocated to Atlanta and yet another friend from the kids' school is putting her house on the market in February. I am at a loss. Each of these people were important to me in different ways and I can't believe they are all leaving at the same time. I wish them the best in each of their new adventures, but they will be greatly missed.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

I was always the one leaving, growing up, and I vowed I wouldn't leave if at all possible now that I'm an adult. But what that opens myself up to is other people leaving me. And it gives my heart a bit of panic. So far so good for the most part, but I wonder how long my luck can hold out.