Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Connecting

In an effort to feel more connected to Unitarian Universalism, we are going to celebrate Chalica this year. At first I thought it seemed a little hokey, but I am going to give it a try this year and see how it goes. This Chalica blog really lays out a thoughtful and meaningful way to celebrate the week. I am kind of excited for it and hope it helps the family understand the history and meaning of what it is to be a Unitarian Universalist. I will try to blog about it next week and all the activities we do to celebrate!

4 comments:

Bridgett said...

I love it.

I used to really roll my eyes at what I called "made up holidays" like Kwanzaa. But then I realized that any time that we set aside for celebration, remembrance, or prayer is a good thing. and that, frankly, all holidays are made up. It just depends on how far back you look.

Strange Attractor said...

I'm interested to see how it goes. Not sure what I think of Chalica yet, so I look forward to reading about your experience.

uu-mom said...

Do you know about the YouTube videos about Chalica? Just do a search on that term - there are three that I know of.

Kathy Klink-Zeitz said...

you can find lots of the youtube videos on the Chalica site - http://chalica.info
at last count there are 5 songs only and 7 videos by Jeff Liebman - one for each day!