Friday, January 28, 2011

Style Stitches: Month 1

One of my favorite hobbies is sewing and I have missed it! My sewing room is in the basement and due to the flood & mice issue, I was reluctant to spend much time down there. Now that the most disturbing issue (mice) is dealt with, I am making my way back down there. To help keep me motivated, I have joined a Flickr sew-a-long. It is based on the twelve projects in Amy Butler's bag book: Style Stitches. There are twelve projects, so one each month. I FINALLY finished the first project, the Cosmo bag. I am really happy with how it turned out. Perplexing, this bag is listed under the easy category. It is definitely not. At a minimum it is intermediate. Thankfully, February's bag looks like a breeze (knock on wood). You lucky readers will get to see my progress and help keep me accountable to someone besides myself.

No comments: