Friday, February 25, 2011

Nervous

One of the ministers at the church affiliated with the kid's school asked me to play the harp at the Ash Wednesday service. At first, I thought she meant at the Children's Service during the school day. So I said yes. I have been wanting to push myself a little harder in playing the harp and performing. I have a lot of performance anxiety, especially in performing by myself. The larger the group, the easier it is to play. It is also a lot easier to play the clarinet, since that is my primary instrument. I have now discovered that she wants me to play at the adult evening service! I am now totally panicking. She gave me the "easy" version of the song, but it is still hard to this beginner! I have been practicing like crazy and now my fingers and hands are sore from the constant plucking. I have a little under two weeks. I sure hope I don't freeze. My back-up plan is just to play the right hand if I get too shaky to play both. I know at a minimum, I will be able to at least get that out. If you have any extra luck, please send it my way! Now, back to practicing....

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Harp is beautiful. I don't think I would even notice if a harpist made mistakes. It's enchanting.