Tuesday, February 1, 2011
A Now A Break In Our Scheduling
I have mentioned before the struggles we have been having in our RE Department. So, to shake things up a little bit, we decided to put on a January/Feb intercession play. Our DRE suggested the idea, and it has proved to be just what we needed. The kids will be performing the Tailor of Gloucester. It easily adapts to whatever amount of kids you have, with lots of room for interpretation. We have the added bonus that the DRE's adult daughter is a brilliant musician who has arranged some operatic classics for the kids to sing. My friend, with some help from me, is in charge of costumes. Above is the aviator bat hat I made (only 7 more to go!) that middle son is trying on with his "aviator goggles". It has really energized the congregation. Parents are helping out, the kids are excited, and the larger congregation is looking forward to this innovative performance. I feel like it is really connecting RE to the larger congregation. We have even had better luck recruiting teachers for this Spring semester. We perform in a couple weeks, and I can't wait!