Thursday, February 17, 2011

Trademarks Gone Awry

I just read this from Crystal over at HeartSong Farms. Please go and check it out. I certainly could not say it any better. I would only add that it makes me sick (and not b/c I still have the flu :-) that people can trademark a generic lifestyle terms. It is crazy. Do other countries allow this? As someone very interested in this topic (I don't want to write it b/c I still need to brush up on trademark rules), the ramifications are quite widespread. I find it unbelievable. While I don't agree with what the urban farmer's are doing (and I don't know their exact reasoning), I am more distressed with the U.S. trademark system. This is not the first time I have run across questionable trademark allowances.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wow. I followed your link to the story, and it is absolutely ridiculous!