Thursday, June 23, 2011

Style Stitches: Month 6

Teardrop Bag

You might have noticed that this is month six, while there were no months four and five. Things just got too crazy busy and I had to take a little break. Well, now I am back! Above is the Teardrop bag. I love it! I used Asian inspired fabrics and am really happy with the results. I also learned how to put in a magnetic snap. This bag was also a lesson on how important it is to check book websites to see if there are in any corrections. Sure enough, the large bag pattern had a half inch error. Of course I discovered this as I am sewing and just worked around it. It would have made my job easier, though, if I had just done a little research first.

I also joined another sewing group. Their button is on the side: Finish It Up!. I have been working on a quilt for my daughter, but just can't seem to get it done. I am hoping this will inspire me to get moving. Part of the rules are that you have to work on it a little bit each week. This is what I need. I am not a big quilt sewer. I don't usually have the patience for them, so having a designated time to work on it will hopefully move the project forward!

No comments: