Sunday, September 25, 2011

Flying

I hate flying. I try to avoid it at all costs. I am convinced that it will end horribly and am reluctant to make plans that involve flying. Sometimes, though, it can't be avoided. And, honestly, I have had really good flying experiences (knock on wood...). My dad flys constantly for work, in addition to being a navigator for planes in the Navy reserves, so he thinks it is ridiculous that he has a daughter that hates it so much. I won't even step on a plane unless I have my St. Christopher pendent on. I also have a hard time relaxing on a trip because I spend most of it worrying about the plane ride home! It is silly, but fears are irrational. I keep thinking of that Mary Oliver quote regarding what "will you do with this one wild and crazy life?". I don't want my fears to stop me. I want to live this one life and not hide in fear. I had to really psyche myself up for this past trip to UUSC headquarters, but I am so glad I went. I will write more on that later, but I am glad I didn't let the fear stop me. I want to live this life and I want my kids to see me living it!

No comments: