Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Feast Day!

Daisy (aka daisychain)

Tulip (aka tuliptree)

Today is the feast day for St. Francis of Assisi. I have a soft spot for him. Longtime readers of this blog know that I became a vegetarian because I couldn't stand the thought of an animal dying just for me to eat it. Especially when there were/are so many other options. I have been a vegetarian for over twenty years and that feeling hasn't changed. As long as I have a choice, I will always choose to be vegetarian. What I love about St. Francis is that he was one of the earliest people to see the intrinsic value that animals have. They were more then food, workers, and "enemies". They had value to this world and without them, we would suffer. I appreciate him for that. So today, I will give my dogs an extra hug and treat and say a prayer of thanks to all the animals that have been sacrificed for humanity.

No comments: