Thursday, November 17, 2011

Taking a Risk

Husband and I are not risk takers. Not even close. I can't think of anytime that we really took a plunge into something that we didn't have a pretty good idea on how it would turn out. We have lots of ideas on things we would like to do, but never take the next step. Both of us would like to have our own business, I have a couple ideas percolating in my head right now, but the risk always holds me back. What if it doesn't work? What if we lose a ton of money (that we don't really have)? Can I justifiably risk our future security on my idea? I have three kids to worry about! --See I can come up with a million excuses. How do you let that go? I keep telling myself we only have this one life and need to take full advantage of it, but then I play it safe. I look at the economy and how many people are just barely surviving that I don't want to put our family in that situation. We are comfortable. Things are working fine, why stir the pot? Why? - Because I don't want to coast through this one life. I see people living their passion, and I want that too. I want to make some sort of difference in the world. Now I just need to find the courage to do it.

No comments: