Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Overwhelmed

A stomach bug has been working its way through the family. I am TIRED. It is completely draining me. Additionally, I have papers and presentations due for school. Last night was one of them. I felt like I was going to be sick or pass out through the whole thing. It didn't help that the two who presented before me did an awesome job. I felt like I fumbled my way through the power point and barely made sense. As I was presenting, I kept thinking of all the things I should have included in my paper, but didn't think to when I wrote it last week. I don't even want to see the class evaluations. It was just too embarrassing. I was able to listen to one more presentation and then I bailed before I got seriously sick. I am just so disappointed in myself. Why couldn't I suck it up and do a better job?! All the end of the semester school work (and being sick) is starting to take its toll. I will be so happy for December 16th. Now to go prepare for the Girl Scout meeting tonight.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I hate times like that, when life gets sticky and harder. Hugs, and know that it will pass. And your presentation may not have seemed as bad to others as it was feeling like to you!

plaidshoes said...

Thanks, Sara! Deep down I know it will pass, but sometimes it is so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel!