Monday, April 23, 2012

I DID IT!

 It went great.  Despite the freezing cold nights and muddy days, it went as good as I dared hope.  It wasn't drama free: wasp nest in the girl's tent, co-leader needing to go the hospital due to a severe migraine, big hole in our tent, some internal bickering... But really, it was fantastic!  We got to do some archery (there are a lot of Katniss wannabees in the group), a night hike, star gazing, nature center, solar oven s'mores and had plenty of time just to hang out with the crazy amount of caterpillars.  On a whim, I brought a bunch of watercolor paints and paper.  The girls spent hours drawing nature scenes.  I almost wished I had brought a book to read ;-) it was so relaxing.  I am incredibly thankful that it went this well. I may have just enough confidence to do another trip in the fall!

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

Awesome! My troop has some pre-katniss archery fans, but two huge wannabes who have no patience to learn how. So funny to watch...I think I will look into bringing the watercolors from school...hmm...

plaidshoes said...

I need to get certified. We totally lucked out that another small troop let us shoot with them. My girls LOVED it and probably would have spent the whole day there. I was shocked about the watercolors - I thought they would get bored of them, but I actually had to pull them away to do other things!