Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Trying not to freak out

I am taking my Girl Scout troop camping this weekend.  I am totally stressing about it.  This will be the first time we have gone where I am the one completely in charge.  Previously, we went with the other troop at school and their leaders are camping Rock Stars.  I am completely opposite that.  I am trying not to lose it (it doesn't help that I have a TON of schoolwork, too), but I will be so glad when this weekend is over.  While I do have a co-leader, it really is on me to get everything together, shopped for and planned. I am feeling overwhelmed and out of my element.  I keep trying to tell myself it will be ok.  The girls are 6th graders and it isn't their first time camping.  The two parents coming with me are great, but I know I won't relax until we are all home Sunday.  If you all want to say some prayers or send some positive energy our way, I would totally appreciate it!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Hugs! Breathe. It will be OK.

plaidshoes said...

Thanks, Sara!

Bridgett said...

We go 4 times a year, three onsite, 1 off property, and I still don't relax until I'm pulling up at my own house on Sunday afternoon.

plaidshoes said...

Coming from you, Bridgett, that means a lot. You are another person I consider to be a camp Rock Star!