Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Waiting...

Husband's grandmother is dying.  She is days away from ninety and ready to go.  She has already lost a husband and son and is wanting to be reunited with them.  It is hard.  It is hard to go on with the daily minutiae of your life while you know someone you love is slowly slipping away.  She is in hospice care and is not in any pain, but there is an aura of sadness all around.  We know she wants this, but it doesn't make it any easier.  We have told the kids that the end is near. They are pretty upset.  Daughter has grown close to great-grandma and this is the first time someone so special is this close to death.  I wish I could protect my kids from these realities. Grandma will be greatly missed.

UPDATE: M.P. 1922-2012  Rest In Peace

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

I'm sorry. In my experience, the decline and goodbye is harder than the loss when it's a long life. But it's still hard.