Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Will God Be Mad?

The other day, I was talking to my eight year-old about the musical Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.  He was going to see it with his grandparents that night and I was telling him how funny it is.  It is actually one of my favorite musicals. Only Andrew Lloyd Weber could make a story of liberation be so entertaining.  Due to his Lutheran schooling, Son is very aware of this story and takes it pretty seriously.  After I was through telling him about all the silliness in the musical, he looked at me very seriously and asked, "Do you think God will be mad?"  The thought had never occurred to me.  I told Son that I believed God has a wonderful sense of humor and would love that we were learning one of his lessons in such a fun way.  Nowhere is it written that Bible stories have to told in heavy solemn voices.  There is a time for that, but sometimes it is ok to have a little fun while learning about something so important.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Never occurred to me either. But I'm sure there are many Christians out there who would think so. Unfortunately.