Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mental Exhaustion

I am ready for 2013! This fall has been completely emotionally exhausting. I look back and can't even believe all that has happened.  I feel like I have been constantly up and down.  There was immense sadness with the death of four extended family members.  Joy with the long-awaited marriage of another.  So much travel under stressful circumstances and a graduate class that showed me how much more I need to learn.  Lots of Board work for one organization and lots of start-up work for another.  Managing the kids, home, and school library.  Yet, I realize how easy I have it.  I am not oblivious to all the extreme suffering around me.  I am trying to figure out a way to stay optimistic in a world that just wants to throw curveballs.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Breathe. I hope you get some time to rest, reflect, and renew before the New Year.

plaidshoes said...

I hope the same for you, Sara - I know you have had a rough fall, too!