Sunday, January 13, 2013

Second Service Curse

 
strikes again!  I think I am just going to turn down any opportunities where the quintet is asked to play for both services.  EVERY single time, the second performance goes worse than the first.  This one, though, was by far the most embarrassing.  I don't know what happened, but we actually had to stop in the middle of the piece and begin again.  It was mortifying.  I think we all are still trying to figure out what exactly went so terribly wrong.  The piece was going along well, when out of nowhere we were just off.  So off, that we couldn't pull it back together.  Our only option was to begin again.  I am thankful that it was my home congregation and that they were very generous in their support of us.  I have to remember that we are human, we are not perfect, and kind words go along way (and to not play for two services!).

No comments: