Saturday, March 16, 2013

Daniel Fast Update 3

I have completed the "official" Daniel Fast (which is 21 days), but as Lent is not over, I am continuing on in a modified fashion.  I am sticking with only drinking water, no sweets, no yeasted bread, and plant-based as possible (mostly vegan except honey).  How is this different? Basically I am now including such things as Rice milk and baking powder/soda.  Believe it or not, this has opened up a lot more recipes.  As I mentioned earlier, I physically feel great. I have more energy and it doesn't go up and down during the day as it previously would.  This is not to say that I am not really looking forward to Easter and eating a whole bunch of cake.  Cake is my weakness and I plan on making a traditional Lamb cake for Easter dinner.  Other then that, the only thing I really miss is having my afternoon tea.  I really enjoyed that moment in the day.  I will be glad to have it back.

Spiritually, I am still waffling and haven't had any major insights. I am really torn about certain things right now and they don't have easy answers.  Committing one way or another will cause quite a bit of heartache, so I remain on the fence.

No comments: