Friday, March 15, 2013

UUA Headquarters

Well, I admit, I am not really that excited for the new headquarters.  Since I never had the opportunity to visit the first one and, it is unlikely that I will visit the new one, it is not that big a deal.  I am disappointed that the Trustees chose to stay in Boston and not look for a more central location.  If we are leaving our historical building, then lets go somewhere that is more accessible to all congregations.  Traveling is expensive and not everyone (including myself) can afford to just catch a flight to Boston.  Staying so distant reinforces the lack of connection the headquarters has with individual congregations.  I feel this move is very shortsighted and am disheartened by the decision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it would be bold if they decided to move to a different part of the country every 40 years or so.

plaidshoes said...

I like that idea! Very innovative. I wonder if any other organization has done anything like that.