Thursday, June 27, 2013

Recommitted

I am so glad I was able to go to General Assembly this year.  Long time readers know I have been really struggling with UU.  It just didn't seem like it was enough. I was looking for more from UU, but felt like I wasn't finding it. I found it at GA. I found it in all its messiness. UU isn't perfect.  There are things I like and things I wish I could change, but I realized it is the only home for me.  I needed to be surrounded by UUs in all their differences and similarities to see that this is where I really fit in.  I am re-inspired by all that we have to offer the world and feel a new sense of mission.  If you haven't had a chance, hop on over to the UUA site and watch some of the amazing worship services, sermons, and speakers.  I want to particularly suggest you watch Eboo Patel, Service of the Living Tradition, Bill Schulz, Tim DeChristopher and the Red Pill Bretheren workshop. 

2 comments:

Dusty Baker Adamson said...

This was my first GA and I also found it a wonderful, uplifting experience. Hope to read more!

Dusty

Sara said...

Sounds wonderful. :) I was sad to miss this year.