Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

Borrowing from Bridgett over at South City Musings, ten things I am afraid of:

1. Suffocation.  I am pretty positive that if I had lived previous lives, this is how I died.

2. Sleeping with any limb hanging off the bed. I know some sort of scary undead will pull me under if I am not constantly vigilant about this.

3. ALS and pancreatic cancer.  I don't know why, but the possibility of getting them panics me.

4. Planes. If I have to be on a plane, I will not be able to stop thinking about it until I am back home safe. It will consume my thoughts from the moment I book the ticket.  I will also not get on a plane without my St. Christopher pendent.

5. Lakes.  While I am not afraid to be in a lake, I don't like touching the bottom of them.  I am convinced that is where people throw dead bodies and I will inadvertently touch it.

6. Unintentionally offending/hurting someone.  I hate the thought that I might cause someone distress and will worry about it until I am sure I didn't or can apologize.

7. Going to jail.  I just don't think I would fit in very well. 

8. Losing my eyesight.  I have horrible eyes.  The thought of completely losing my vision is petrifying.

9. Accidentally poisoning someone.  Not sure why I fear this, but it makes me forever hesitant to share my food (I am not trying to be stingy ;-)

10. Heat.  I know this will sound silly, but I HATE being hot.  The thought that climate change is here and the possibility of the world getting any hotter scares the *bleep* out of me. 

What are your fears? Please share!

No comments: