Monday, August 5, 2013

Family, family everywhere

We just returned from a long road trip involving lots of family.  We spent a beautiful five days in Holland, MI with Husband's parents and sister's family.  From there we headed for a quick visit with my mom and step-dad in Cedar Falls, IA. While there, our car battery died, was replaced and we were back on the road to Sioux Falls, SD.  In Sioux Falls, we were dads, moms, step-moms, sisters, step-brothers, step-sisters, and nineteen little cousins all in one crazy busy house.  We had a great time and came home to St. Louis EXHAUSTED.  I think I will be spending the next week just trying to catch up.  It was what was needed, though.  With such a tough year behind us (and some more sad approaching), we needed to be with each other.  Once again, I am left wishing we lived closer to my family.  I do miss them a lot.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love this picture of the kids with whiteboards in the car! We are about to embark on a cross country drive from Washington state to Arkansas for my father-in-law's memorial service, and I think I need to get each kid a white board - such a good idea. :)