Sunday, December 22, 2013

Exciting Updates


This past month has seen some good changes.  First, I graduated!!!  After two and half years, I finally finished up my degree: Master of Science in Sustainability from St. Louis University.  After a particularly rough Capstone project/presentation, I feel at peace with the whole process.  Going back to school was exactly what I needed.  I met some great people, made new friends, and got to be the Sustainability Intern with the Symphony (a dream place to be, sadly now competed). 

Second, Missouri Interfaith Power & Light is really starting to gel.  While it has become almost a job to me, I am so happy that all the hard work is starting to pay. I love working with congregations and helping them *green* their sanctuaries and educate them on Earth Stewardship/Creation Care.  I am lucky enough to have some wonderful folks helping in this mission and am excited to see where this goes.  I know this is a little sappy, but I feel like I am really living out our UU 7th Principle and working to increase understanding that we all are truly connected.

Finally, my online store has officially opened!  This has been a dream of mine for a long time.  It is really small right now, but I have big dreams on where I would like it to go. Too many ideas, really :-).  If you are a sewer and believe in using organic fabric, please consider using my site - I would greatly appreciate it!  Tempest In A Tulip

I am really looking forward to this next phase of my life.  Things seem to be coming into focus and I am anxious to see where they lead.  Stay tuned!

No comments: