Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lent Already?!

I have a massive caffeine withdrawal headache.  I didn't think that I actually drank that much caffeine, but, wow, it is killing me.  As you probably guess, this is what I have given up for Lent.  Normally I look forward to Lent as a time of quiet and reflection.  I see it as an opportunity to refocus on what really matters in life.  I do feel *sacrificing* is an integral part of the process and I have done varies things through the years.  This year, caffeine.  I am tire of the hold it has on me (as evidenced by this headache!!) and want to feel healthier.  To be the best, most compassionate me, I need to get my health in a better state. 


This year, though, Lent has snuck up on me.  Like a lot of the country, we have had a long, cold, bleak winter.  I feel like I have been in a dark space and adding 40 more days of somberness just isn't appealing.  I am ready for Easter and the brightness and happiness it brings.  I need to find a way to make Lent a time of renewal and hope and break away from seeing it as purely deprivation.  Hopefully pointed reflection will help me through this dark season.  I wish you blessings on your journey and success in discovering what matters in your life. 

No comments: